Marietta Work Injury Lawyer
Work Injury Lawyer Marietta, GA
If you have been injured at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits which means you need a work injury lawyer Marietta, GA residents trust. While this may be the case, it can be complicated to understand your legal rights and what paperwork needs to be filed in order to collect on them. If you were hurt on the job and are dealing with a worker’s compensation insurance company, consider speaking with an experienced lawyer at Johnson & Alday, LLC to help you sort out your options and ensure that you get all of the benefits you deserve for your injuries.
Work Injury Examples
There are many types of injuries that can happen on the job. For example, you could slip and fall, suffer a repetitive motion injury, or be exposed to harmful chemicals. If you’ve been injured at work, you may be wondering if you need a work injury lawyer. Generally speaking, most employers carry workers’ compensation insurance in order to cover any medical expenses incurred as a result of an injury sustained on the job. However, there are many situations where this is not enough. Injuries caused by employer negligence typically don’t get covered under workers’ compensation insurance (this includes intentional acts). So if your employer was negligent in their duty and it led to your injury, then you’ll need an attorney who specializes in this type of situation. Your employer is liable for your medical bills even if they don’t have workers’ compensation insurance!
If you’ve been injured at work, you may be wondering if you have a legitimate claim. Here are a few things to consider:
- Did your injury happen while you were performing your job duties?
- Were you following all safety protocols?
- Is your employer at fault in any way?
- Do you have witnesses to corroborate your story?
- Do you have medical documentation of your injuries?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may have a legitimate claim and should contact a Marietta work injury lawyer.
Benefits from Injuries
There are many benefits that you can receive from a work injury case. You may be able to get medical benefits, income benefits, and death benefits. You may also be able to get pain and suffering damages, and punitive damages. A lawyer can help you get the benefits that you deserve. It is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible so they can start taking steps in getting you compensated for your injuries.
What an Attorney Can Do for You
If you have been injured at work, you may be wondering if you need a lawyer. The answer is maybe. If your employer offers workers’ compensation insurance, then you may not need a lawyer. However, if your employer does not offer workers’ compensation insurance or if you are not sure whether or not your employer offers it, then you may want to consider hiring a lawyer. A lawyer can help you determine if you should file a claim with the Department of Labor and learn about what benefits and protections you can receive as an employee.
Common Misconceptions About Work Injuries
If you were recently hurt at work, you may want to speak with a work injury lawyer Marietta, GA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. However, you may have heard several untruths about work injuries that are making you reluctant to file a worker’s compensation claim.
Here are the most common misconceptions about work injuries that you shouldn’t believe.
- If the accident was my fault, I can’t get compensation. Some workers don’t file a worker’s compensation claim if they think that accident was their fault. However, fault isn’t actually a factor considered in workers’ compensation cases. If you got hurt because you weren’t paying attention, for example, you may still be eligible for compensation. However, if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident, you won’t be able to receive compensation.
- If my workers’ compensation claim gets denied, that’s it. Believe it or not, many workers’ compensation claims are initially denied for one reason or another. For instance, if your employer doesn’t believe the injury occurred at work, your claim may get rejected. Likewise, if you didn’t seek medical care promptly or didn’t report the injury soon enough, you may get a denial. However, if you believe that your employer wrongly denied your claim, you can file an appeal. A Marietta work injury lawyer can assist you with this.
- I can get fired for filing workers’ compensation. Unfortunately, some employees shy away from filing a workers’ compensation claim because they believe their boss will fire them. However, it’s against the law to fire an employee for filing for workers’ compensation benefits. If your employer fired or retaliated against you in any way after you filed for benefits, you should speak to a lawyer.
- I wasn’t at my jobsite when I got injured, so I can’t get benefits. You actually don’t have to be on your jobsite to qualify for benefits. For example, if you drive as part of your job and get into a vehicle accident while on the clock, you can still file for workers’ compensation. Additionally, if the other driver was at-fault, you may pursue a separate personal injury claim against that person.
- Workers’ compensation will cover all of my losses. This is another common myth about workers’ compensation. The truth is that workers’ compensation only covers a portion of your medical bills and lost wages. It doesn’t cover pain and suffering, emotional distresses or other damages.
- Workers’ compensation doesn’t cover repetitive stress injuries. Many people assume that workers’ compensation only covers accident related injuries, such as broken bones, head injuries and spinal cord injuries. However, it also covers injuries that you may develop over time, such as repetitive stress injuries. For example, if you type a lot at your job, you might develop carpal tunnel syndrome. Although these injuries may be tougher to prove than accident related injuries, an experienced Marietta work injury lawyer can still help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Marietta work injury lawyer today at Johnson & Alday, LLC for help with your case.